are a lot of different avenues. The first thing is to establish
your team's goals and priorities, and that will depend on
the state of your congregation as well as the talents and energies
of your group. Here are some ideas to just get your brainstorming
- Structural and energy audits
- Advocate for less waste by getting
rid of Styrofoam cups at coffee hour
- Organize a thrift-store day to educate
- Educate around food issues and get
church events to become more vegetarian-friendly
- Work for community gardens or organic/climate
appropriate greenscaping around the church
- Research low-flush toilets and water
- Connect your church with local recycling
- Organize carpools to church events
whatever creative ideas your group comes up with!
need to do most of all is agree, as a group, on what your
goals are and commit to pursuing them - and to realize that
you can't do everything at once, and that change takes time.
The team needs to support its members while working for change.
That's the main reason for its existence.